Clash Royale Royal Giant Wiki
“ Clash Royale Royal Giant Wiki—-Destroying enemy buildings together with his massive cannon is his job; building a raggedy blond beard look great is his passion.”
- The Royal Giant is unlocked through the Royal Arena (Arena 7).
- He is really a building targeting, long-range troop with higher hit points and moderate damage.
- The Royal Giant costs 6 Elixir to deploy.
- Its appearance resembles exactly what a Giant but he sports a darker colored cloth coat, includes a mustache with sideburns which go down to his chin, wears an earring on his right ear and wields a cannon in a single hand, plus a cannonball in the other.
The Royal Giant’s range makes him an even more flexible option compared to Giant. As he attacks from the long range, he is effective to pair with a Princess, as she’s got a longer range and could be shielded by the Royal Giant. The Royal Giant stands in place while attacking, luring defending enemy troops towards him and nearer to other attacking troops. Therefore, pairing him up with a Wizard or Bomber enables the player to easily eliminate any defending Goblins and Barbarians, giving way for melee troops including the Prince or Hog Rider to attack unhindered.
- However, as the Royal Giant is ranged, he’ll not protect any melee or short-medium ranged troops from enemy defenders, making his high hit points worthless as a shield.
- It may be possible to make use of the Royal Giant like a tank in case the player puts down melee troops after the Princess Tower targets the Royal Giant.
- The Princess usually stay safely behind the Royal Giant as her range is higher than that of the Royal Giant.
- The Minion Horde, Skeleton Army, and Barbarians are popular cards which could effectively counter a Royal Giant, specially the Barbarians due to their high hit points. As he cannot target troops, their large numbers can simply whittle down a Royal Giant’s hit points.
- However, they’re defeated easily by supporting splash units or spells like Arrows or even a Wizard.
- High damage troops or mini-tanks like the Mini P.E.K.K.A. and Prince also work well.
- The Ice Wizard’s capability to slow down troops may also be a highly effective option to make the Royal Giant less of a threat.
- The Inferno Tower is among the best counters, but place in re-actively or he’ll attack it from the distance.
- The Cannon is also a good counter but will not be effective without supporting cards for instance Ice Spirit and Skeletons, and a card like the
- Musketeer to deal damage.
- Placing him on the end of the bridge almost immediately allows him to attack the enemy Arena Tower, making him an instant threat. After destroying one tower and opening the lane he is able to be placed in the middle to instantly attack the 2nd Princess Tower.
- If the Royal Giant is put on the third tile from the river, he’ll target the Princess Towers, without attracting attention through the King’s Tower.
- If you plant the Royal Giant on the fourth tile from the river, he’ll target the Princess Towers, but will also be within range of the King’s Tower.
- The Royal Giant’s range allows him to out-range any placed defense buildings aside from the Mortar and X-Bow. Which means that he can effectively take out annoying defenses such as the Bomb Tower and Inferno Tower. However, because the Tesla is able to hide it’s appearance underground, the Royal Giant are only able to target when he appears within its range.
- If the Tesla is placed 4 or more tiles away from the river, the Tesla won’t target the Royal Giant.
- If the Tesla is exactly 3 tiles away from the river, the Tesla won’t target the Royal Giant.
- Most players try to distract their enemy’s troops by placing a building in the middle of their field. If they happen to place a passive building at most 4 tiles from the river or a defensive building 3 tiles from the river you can counteract their blunder and take out the building by placing down a Royal
- Giant for a relatively risk-free destruction from your side of the field. If you know your opponent has a Royal Giant, it may be most effective to wait for your opponent to deploy it, and then deploy the defense so the defense can target it while absorbing damage for the Crown Tower.
- If the opponent deploys a Tesla four maximum tiles from the river, deploying a Royal Giant to attack it from across the bridge is actually unwise as the
- Royal Giant will take high damage from the Tesla, limiting the number of shots he can get on the tower, which is the main priority.
- If the player fails to place a building on time as well as an opposing Royal Giant locks on to the tower, they could use a Zap spell or even an Ice Spirit to cause the Royal Giant to re-target and hit a placed building instead. If none of these cards are on hand, however, the player can “shove” the Royal Giant by placing troops on him. This will slightly push him out of range of the Princess Tower and cause him to target the player’s building or you can just place a building just like an Inferno Tower directly on top of him for the similar outcome.
- While using the Ice Spirit, however, the player would need to back it up using a cheap card, like the Ice Wizard, or the Bomber.
- Be careful when pushing the Royal Giant back with The Log – sometimes you will push the Royal Giant out of the range of the defense and the Royal Giant can out range it.
- If the opponent has an Inferno Tower, wait until they deploy it, then use the Royal Giant, as the Inferno can take out the Royal Giant if placed re-actively, but not if it was placed before the Royal Giant as he is able to out-range it.
- Alternatively, small troops such as Goblins or Minions can be used to eliminate the Inferno quickly.
- If the opponent is attempting a Royal Giant + Sparky Combo, the player can in fact place the Inferno Tower slightly earlier since the Sparky’s shorter range will push the Royal Giant into the Inferno Tower’s targeting range. Be wary, though, as the Sparky can simply eliminate the Inferno Tower with the Royal Giant itself, so be sure to possess the means to reset Sparky’s attack for instance Zap.
- The Ice Wizard or Ice Spirit + Inferno Tower combo can shut him down, even if even when your opponent had zapped the Inferno Tower.
- The Royal Giant was included with the game on 29/2/16 with the March 2016 Update.
- On 23/3/16, a Balance Update increased the Royal Giant’s damage by 20%.
- On 3/5/16, the May 2016 Update increased the Royal Giant’s range by 1 and also changed his description. It used to say, “Sighting his massive cannon at enemy buildings, the Royal Giant will come in like a wrecking ball.” Exactly the same update also fixed the “range bug” and decreased the range by 0.5 tiles without any change to effective range, thereby providing a 0.5 tile increase (effectively a 1 tile increase in range).
- On 18/5/16, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Giant’s damage by 4%.
- On 24/8/16, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Giant’s hit speed to 1.7 sec (from 1.5 sec).
- On 19/4/17, a Balance Update increased the Royal Giant’s deploy time to 2 sec (from 1 sec).
- The Royal Giant happens to be the only real Common card that targets only buildings.
- Oddly, the Royal Giant is wearing a chain mail vest under his tunic, but he’s less durable than the regular Giant.
- The Cannon he wields seems to be a turret of a level 7 Cannon from Clash of Clans.
- He deals exactly the same damage per hit as a Zap, Knight or Barbarian of equal level. Also, he has got the same quantity of hit points as four equal-level Barbarians added together.
- He is tied with the Elite Barbarians as the most costly Common card, with a cost of 6 Elixir.
- Oddly, the cannonball he holds is larger than the cannonball fired from his Cannon. However, the Royal Giant can be seen loading this cannonball back into the cannon during the recoil animation after he fires.
- The Royal Giant appears to be bigger than his counterpart, the Giant, but until level 6, the Royal Giant has fewer hit points than the Giant.
- He is probably the eleven cards who’re cheered for through the audience upon spawning and booed when killed, the rest include Sparky, Lava Hound,
- Night Witch, Giant Skeleton, P.E.K.K.A., Giant, Electro Wizard, Bowler, Inferno Dragon, Golem, and Ice Golem.